Yep, that’s right.. SINGING!
In this guide, we’ll be discussing:
- The benefits of singing to your baby
- How to incorporate singing into your daily routine
- Fun songs and rhymes to sing with your baby
The Benefits Of Singing To Your Baby
Singing to your baby isn’t just a fun way to annoy your neighbours – it also has some surprising benefits for your little one’s development:
- Boosts brain development: Studies have shown that singing to your baby can help promote language development, memory, and even emotional intelligence. Who knew that singing “Old MacDonald” over and over could turn your baby into a genius?
- Strengthens bonding: Singing to your baby is a great way to bond and create a positive, loving relationship. Plus, it gives you an excuse to belt out some of your favourite tunes without judgement.
- Soothes and calms: Singing lullabies or gentle songs can help soothe and calm your baby, making it easier for them to fall asleep. You may also find that it helps to sing whilst feeding your young one.
How To Incorporate Singing Into Your Daily Routine
Singing to your baby can be a fun way to bond and promote development. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be a formal activity. There are plenty of ways to incorporate singing into your daily routine.
One idea is to sing during diaper changes. This can help keep your baby distracted and make the process a little more pleasant for both of you. Try singing a simple song or nursery rhyme that your baby enjoys.
Another opportunity to sing is during feeding time. Whether you breastfeed or bottle-feed, singing a gentle song can help create a calming environment and make the experience more enjoyable for both you and your baby.
Finally, singing during playtime is another great way to stimulate your baby’s senses and promote development. Try singing fun songs and rhymes that your baby can dance or clap along to. It’s a great way to add some fun to your playtime routine while also encouraging your baby’s growth and development.
There are also baby singing classes available everywhere – check with your local library or community, or even get one together yourself!
Fun Songs And Rhymes To Sing With Your Baby
Looking for some inspiration? Here are the 10 most popular nursery rhymes (probably because of their catchy rhythms):
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Incy Wincy Spider
- Wheels on the Bus
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Five Little Ducks
- Humpty Dumpty
- If You’re Happy and You Know It
- The Grand Old Duke of York
Warning: these songs WILL be in your head for a solid two weeks.
Want To Stay Ahead Of The Curve?
Take a look at our Grow with Me development toy boxes. Rather than worrying about their developmental progress after they’re born, leave that to us. We provide a monthly research-based sensory subscription for developing cognitive & motor skills through play in 0-24 month olds, leaving you to focus on spending quality time with your new family addition!