Ah, the time has come – your little bundle of joy is about to turn ONE! It’s been a year of sleepless nights, diaper changes that could earn you a gold medal, and more baby wipes than you ever thought existed. But guess what? You’ve made it!
Get ready to celebrate in style, because this first birthday party isn’t just for your little one – it’s also a victory lap for you surviving those sleepless nights. Don’t know where to start? Here are 10 tips to help you prepare for your baby’s first birthday bash…
1. Timing is Everything: Choose the party timing wisely – and by wisely, we mean around your baby’s nap schedule. After all, you don’t want your little one to snooze through their own party like a mini sleeping beauty.
2. Keep it Intimate… or not: Decide if you’re going for a cosy gathering with close family or turning it into a big party with every neighbour, friend, and acquaintance on the block. And stick to it!
3. Choose a Theme: Sure, your baby might not know the difference between a dinosaur and a giraffe just yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go all out with a theme. Whether it’s “Under the Sea” or “Wild Safari,” just remember – you’re doing this for the ‘gram.
4. Decor Dilemmas: Balloons? Streamers? Confetti that will haunt you for weeks? Go wild, but just remember that whatever you put up, your baby will try to take down…
5. Gifts Galore: Brace yourself for an influx of toys that will inevitably teach your baby how to play with the box instead. Have an area of box in the party area where you can leave the gifts… don’t want all the babies opening them up! And don’t forget the thank-you cards – because nothing says gratitude like a one-year-old’s scribble. If you’re looking for a perfect gift, check out the Grow with Me box. Perfectly curated items for any baby’s age and stage of development to provide a playful AND educational experience!
6. Capture The Moments: Assign a designated photographer to capture all those picture-perfect (or hilariously imperfect) moments. From cake-covered smiles to curious glances at balloons, these snapshots will be cherished for years to come (and potentially shared at their graduation party).
7. Food for All Ages: While the baby might be eyeing the cake like a lion spotting prey, remember that grown-ups need sustenance too. Stock up on finger foods and snacks that both adults and tiny humans can enjoy.
8. Party Favours: Send your guests home with a little something to remember the chaos by. Think mini bubbles or stickers — remember, it’s the thought that counts.
9. Expect The Unexpected: Despite all your careful planning, chaos will inevitably ensue. Embrace it! The moment your baby tries to put the party hat on the dog or dives headfirst into the cake, just remember that these are the stories you’ll be sharing at their 18th birthday party.
10. Celebrate You, Too: Last but not least, give yourself a pat on the back. You’ve successfully navigated 365 days of parenthood, and that’s no small feat. So, when the cake crumbs settle and the decorations come down, take a moment to revel in the fact that you’ve survived – and dare we say, thrived – in your baby’s first year.
Phew! Now that you’re armed with these tips, you’re ready to take on the baby’s first birthday bash like a pro. It’s bound to be a day filled with laughter, chaos, and heartwarming moments that’ll remind you why you signed up for this parenting gig in the first place. So, get out there and show the world that you’ve officially conquered the first year of parenthood!
Want to Stay Ahead of The Curve?
Rather than worrying about your little one’s developmental progress after they’re born, leave that to us. Take a look at our Grow with Me development toy boxes. We provide a monthly, research-based, sensory box of educational and useful goodies – all with the aim of developing cognitive & motor skills through play, in 0-24 month olds. This leaves you to focus on spending quality time with your little one!